- Make sure that you have read the terms of reference below
- Your submission should be:
- No more than 3,000 words long
- Include a short introduction to you and/or your organisation
- Be a single Word, ODT or RTF document
- Your evidence will usually be published on our website, and may be quoted in any reports that the Productivity Commission publishes.
- Please send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org 17:00 on Wednesday 6 September 2023
Terms of Reference
We will prioritise contributions that rely on economic data, particularly those addressing themes in the list below. Contributions considering differences in investment levels over time and how and why certain events have impacted investment levels would be helpful. Policy recommendations are welcome, especially those that are evidence-based.
- Business investment
- Sizing business investment shortages in the UK, with international comparisons and an overview of the UK regions and sectors
- Intangibles and business investment
- Financing business investment
- The green transition and business investment
- Public investment
- Sizing public investment shortages in the UK, with international comparisons and an overview of the UK regions and sectors
- Investing in UK infrastructure: where are the priorities and why?
- Public-Private investment synergies
- The green transition and public investment
- Foreign direct investment (FDI)
- Sizing UK foreign direct investment trends, with international comparisons and an overview of the UK regions and sectors
- Foreign direct investment and the post-Brexit trade landscape
- Foreign direct investment and its relationship to real investments