This member of staff no longer works at NIESR
Cinzia Rienzo is a senior economist with a strong interest in immigration and the labour market outcomes. Her research has included analysis of the role of immigration, compositional skills and regional variation in the cost-of-living on wage inequality. Her other research interests include Randomized Control trials in education, development economics and applied microeconomics.
July 2010 - Research Associate at COMPAS (Centre on Migration, Policy and Society), University of Oxford.
March 2011- Contributor, Migration Observatory, University of Oxford.
May 2013-June 2015 Honorary Fellow at the School of Education, Durham University.
- Sep 2011 -July 2012 Sussex University, Teaching Fellow in Economics
- March 2011-June 2011 COMPAS (Centre on Migration, Policy and Society), University of Oxford, Research Assistant
- May 2009 -Aug 2010 MES (Managerial Economics &Strategy Group) London School of Economics, Project Support Assistant
- Sept 2008 -Sept 2009 CEP (Centre for Economic Performance) London School of Economics, Occasional Research Assistant
- Oct 2009 -June 2012 London School of Economics, EROB (Employment Relation and Organizational Behaviour) Guest Teacher
- July 2009, 2010, 2011 London School of Economics, LSE Summer School, Class Teacher
- Sept 2006 -Dec 2010 Royal Holloway University of London, Teaching Assistant/Teaching Fellow
- “Real Wages, Wage inequality and the Regional Cost of Living in the UK” Empirical Economics, September 2016.
- “Targeting Migration with Limited Control: The Case of the UK and the EU” (with C. Vargas-Silva) IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, 2015. 4:16.
- “Residual Wage Inequality and Immigration in the USA and in the UK.” LABOUR: Review of Labour Economics and Industrial Relations. 2014. 28(3): 288-308.
- “An Assessment of Bank Lending to UK SMEs in the wake of the crisis.” (with Armstrong, A.; Davis, P.; Liadze. I.). National Institute Economic Review, August 2013 225: R39-R51.
- “Migrants in the UK labour market”, Migration Observatory Briefing, University of Oxford, 2016.
- “Characteristics and outcomes of migrants in the labour market”, Migration Observatory Briefing, University of Oxford, 2016.
- “Migrants in the UK: an overview” (with C. Vargas‐Silva), Migration Observatory Briefing, University of Oxford, 2016.
- "Highly Skilled Migration to the UK 2007-2013: Policy Changes, Financial Crises and a Possible ‘Balloon Effect’?” (with C. Vargas‐Silva), Migration Observatory. 2014.
- “Intergenerational and inter-ethnic well-being: an analysis for the UK” (with R. Dorsett, and M. Weale). NIESR DP 451.
- “Increasing Wage Inequality: a Comparative Analysis between Italy, UK and U.S.” under revision.
- “The Impact of Unionization on the Wage of Hispanic Workers” (with C. Vargas-Silva).
- "Job satisfaction among young workers in Eastern and Southern Africa: a comparative analysis" (with A. McKay and A. Newell).
- "The changing path to adulthood for girls in six African countries from the 1990s to the 2010s” (with A. McKay; J. Mariara; A. Newell).
- “National evaluation of the Troubled Families programme: National impact studies report”, (with H. Bewley, A. George, and J. Portes). Department for Communities and Local Government. October 2016.
- “Powerful learning conversation: evaluation report” (with H. Rolfe and D. Wilkinson). Education Endowment Foundation, May 2016.
- “Changing mindset: evaluation report” (with H. Rolfe and D. Wilkinson) Education Endowment Foundation, November 2016.
- “Relationship between graduates and economic growth across countries” (with D. Holland, I. Liadze, and D. Wilkinson), BIS Research paper no. 110. August 2013.
- “Mind the Gap: evaluation report” (with R. Dorsett, H. Rolfe, H. Burns, B. Robertson, B. Thorpe, K. Wall) October 2014.
- "Highly Skilled Migration to the UK 2007-2013: Policy Changes, Financial Crises and a Possible ‘Balloon Effect’?” (with C. Vargas-Silva), Migration Observatory. 2014.
- “Evaluating changes in bank lending to UK SMEs over 2001-12-ongoing tight credit?” (with Armstrong, A.; Davis, P.; Liadze. I.). BIS/13/857 April 2013.
- “The economic impact of migration liberalisation: evidence and issues” (withJ. Portes and A. Rosso), written for the Think 20 meeting, G20 Summit. 2013.
- “Migration and productivity: employers’ practices, public attitudes and statistical evidence” (with H. Rolfe, M. Lalani, and J. Portes), 2013.
Journalists: for a high resolution of Cinzia Rienzo for print, please use the following file: CinziaR/hires