The Economic Record of the Coalition Government
- This event has passed.
NIESR will host a press briefing and launch event for the February 2015 issue of the National Institute Economic Review on Thursday 5 February, from 10.30 (10am registration/coffee) to 12.30. This issue will feature five articles examining the economic record of the 2010-15 government:
- Simon Wren-Lewis, Professor of Economics at the University of Oxford, examines macroeconomic policy and performance
- Nicholas Crafts, Professor of Economics at the University of Warwick, looks at supply-side policies and the impact on growth
- Vicky Pryce, Chief Economic Advisor at the Centre of Economics and Business Research, on the productivity puzzle
- Rebecca Allen, Reader in the Economics of Education at the UCL Institute for Education, on education policy
- Declan Gaffney, lartsocial.org, on welfare reform
Each author will briefly present their key findings, and there will be time for questions and discussion.
Date: Thursday 5 February 2014
Time: 10.30am-12.30pm (registration/coffee from 10am).
Venue: National Institute of Economic and Social Research, 2 Dean Trench St, Smith Square, London SW1P 3HE
The event is free but registration is required. Places are limited, therefore to ensure attendance please RSVP to Luca Pieri:
Email: l.pieri [at] niesr.ac.uk
Tel: 020 7654 1931