Mapping the Monetary and Financial Sectors, 1790-1850
British Academy/Leverhulme Small Grant: SG150907
Principal Investigator: Professor Jagjit S. Chadha (NIESR)
Co-Investigator: Mr Ryland Thomas (Bank of England)
End-Date of Project: March 31st 2017
End of Project Report: June 30th 2017
In our initial proposal we outlined four outputs:
- Quarterly Bulletin article at the Bank of England on the historical responses to debt overhangs in the 1820s, 1920s and 1950s;
- A research paper outlining the monetary and financial aspects of war finance;
- The publication of the dataset for use by the wider social science community;
- A small conference to announce the data set and promote further work on this period.
Dissemination of Data
- Via the websites at the Bank of England and NIESR
- To graduate students of economic history via seminars
- By presentations to learned societies.
Read the full details here